M.D'Or Luxury Paste combines a selection of premium oils and waxes, including turpentine (natural pine extract), beeswax, carnauba wax and six other waxes with nourishing, protective, softening and shining qualities. It is specially formulated to obtain a "glaçage" or "mirror shine" on the toe of your shoes. The pigments have been chosen for their coloring and penetration properties, as well as for their transparency. The Pâte De Luxe wax polish allows you to obtain an incomparable patina by applying different color shades to the surface of the leather. Is composed of three main types of natural waxes:
- Animal: Beeswax
- Vegetable: Carnauba wax (from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree)
- Mineral: Montan wax
Turpentine spirit, which is extracted from pine trees grown in Southern Europe, is another star ingredient of this special formula. It thoroughly degreases the leather and enhances the absorption of the waxes. The spirit evaporates, leaving the rich natural waxes to protect and shine.
HOW TO USE
- Brush the item to remove any dust or dirt.
- Apply a small amount of Pâte De Luxe with a cotton chamois cloth or the Spreading Brush (Ref. 2631) to reach the welt seams and enable nourishment and protection of this delicate area.
- Massage gently to allow Pâte De Luxe to nourish and provide maximum protection to the leather.
- Apply one or two coats of Pâte De Luxe to the entire shoe.
- Leave to dry for five minutes between coats.
- Gently polish the leather with a bristle brush or a wool glove.
- For a high-gloss finish, apply additional coats to the toe and heel. Avoid over-application to the vamp of the shoe because excessive movement can crack the wax coating.
We recommend applying Crème 1925 after treating the leather with Pâte De Luxe. Crème 1925 contains softer waxes and nourishing shea butter.